Rasmus Sandin misses the Tre Kronor quarter-final against Latvia
The 23-year-old defender has been battling against the clock after taking a knee tackle in the match against the USA.
When Tre Kronor had a voluntary warm-up in Riga on Thursday morning, Rasmus Sandin was not there. Now it is also clear that he will miss tonight’s World Cup quarter-final against the host nation Latvia.
– Not all players are available. Sandin is not playing, confirms Tre Kronor’s assistant captain Stefan Klockare.
– We have seven backs and we will start the way we finished the last match.
Is the tournament over for him?
– No.. or, I don’t know. I have no idea actually. But that far away I don’t think it is considering he was on the ice yesterday.
– But hard to say. You can bring that to the medical team.
Rasmus Sandin misses the quarter-finals
Do you think he would have played if he hadn’t suffered the setback in training yesterday when he went off?
– No, it was the idea from the beginning that he would not complete the training. He would just feel the ice.
How do you see tonight’s opponent Latvia?
– A sacrificing team, plays with high intensity. Quite skillful and cunning, both offensively and defensively. They want to minimize the risks in their game, but first of all we have to think about how to play.
Tre Kronor’s team captain Jakob Silfverberg says this about Rasmus Sandin missing the World Cup quarter-finals:
– It’s clear it’s big. It’s sad not to see him on the ice. The rest of us players have to take on greater responsibility now.
The World Cup quarter-final between Latvia and Sweden starts at 19.20 tonight.
TV: Picked up his own tooth
#Rasmus #Sandin #misses #Tre #Kronor #quarterfinal #Latvia