The hero Ibrahim Sadiq on the worries after the cup gold – may miss the summit
The first half of the cup final between Mjällby and Häcken was an even story, but just before the half-time break the match was practically decided. In the 46th minute, Ibrahim Sadiq headed in Häcken’s lead on a free kick from Mikkel Rygaard. Three minutes later it was narrow again: Lars Olden Larsen served Sadiq who was able to knock in his second goal from close range.
But in connection with the goal, the two-goal scorer got hurt. The Ghanaian picked up the back of his thigh, which he has struggled with in the past, and was substituted at half-time.
– We don’t know how serious it is, but we hope it’s nothing big. We’re hoping I’ll be ready again on Sunday, but we don’t know yet. We have to wait for the investigation, he says after the match.
“Hope it will be calm”
Häcken’s attacking star thus risks missing the important Allsvenskan summit against Malmö FF on Sunday. He himself obviously hopes that he can play.
– You never know, but I hope so.
Is it the same back as last time?
– Yes it is.
Does it hurt now?
– It hurts, but not terribly. If I walk it hurts a little, but I hope it will be peaceful.
“The feeling is great”
The match ended 4–1 to Häcken, who thus win the Swedish Cup for the third time.
How will you celebrate the gold?
– We shouldn’t celebrate so much. We have more games ahead of us and an important game already on Sunday. We have to focus on it.
Can you describe the feeling right now?
– The feeling is great! We worked hard for this and deserved to win.
#hero #Ibrahim #Sadiq #worries #cup #gold #summit