Michael Apelgren’s confusion after star Elias Á Skipagötu’s injury | Handball
IFK Kristianstad beat Sävehof away with 45-44 after a gas-hugging final clash with two overtimes.
Sävehof’s coach summarizes the loss as follows:
– It was the ass. A fantastic handball match. We had our chances but were too blurry today. But we mustn’t forget who we meet, says Michael Apelgren.
A moment before regular full time, Sävehof’s star Elias Á Skipagötu received a blow to the head and went out. According to Apelgren, the nine-meter player could have played on, but he was benched for tactical reasons.
– He played a much better match last time. Today, he doesn’t get it the same way.
What about him after the bang?
– It should probably be calm. During the match I learned that he could play but he had a certain cousin (Oli Mittun) who was not bad today. That decision felt right. Elias was not so good today.
“Wasn’t he on the bench, then?”
Elias Á Skipagötu sat on the bench for a short while before he then left. Something that surprises Michael Apelgren.
– I didn’t even turn around and check. So he wasn’t on the bench? I coached based on the fact that I thought Oli was better.
So you thought you had Elias on the bench the whole match?
What did you say to him when he left the field?
– I didn’t talk to Elias. I thought “come on, Oli, fix this damn thing”. He was great.
“Now he stands here and lies”
Michael Apelgren takes a new stance on the fact that he did not know about Skipagötu’s absence:
– I understand that you are standing here and thinking “now he is standing here lying here”. But I learned he could play. I didn’t think about it, I chose not to play him. Then one might think that Mikael Apelgren should have a little more insight. But it was quite messy, says Sävehof’s coach with a smile.
Elias Á Skipagötu is in any case ready to play on Thursday when the final series rolls on in Kristianstad. 1-1 in matches it says.
#Michael #Apelgrens #confusion #star #Elias #Skipagötus #injury #Handball